Vin Rowe Farm Machinery are the Australian Importer / Distributor for:
- ART’S-WAY Grinder Mixers from the United States
- ASA-LIFT Potato Harvesters from Denmark
- AVR Potato Harvesters from Belgium
- BASELIER Soil Preparation Equipment from The Netherlands
- BCS/PASQUALI Walking Tractors
- CHRISTIAENS Agro Systems from The Netherlands
- CONOR Bale Wrappers from Ireland
- EINBOECK Seeding and Tillage Equipment from Austria
- FEEDER LEADER Feedout Machinery from New Zealand
- MIEDEMA Sorting and Grading Equipment from The Netherlands
- SHW Hay and Silage Spikes from Germany
- UNDERHAUG Potato Equipment from Norway
- VALENTINI Tillage Equipment from Italy
- Vin Rowe Pty Ltd was established in Warragul, 100 kilometres east of Melbourne in 1961.
At this time Warragul was the centre of the most intensive dairying area of Australia. The business was established as a New Holland Hay Machinery/David Brown tractor farm machinery dealer. The business grew over the years and was probably one of the largest machinery dealerships in the country in the late 60s and early 70s. In the mid 70s with the discontinuance of milk contracts and a general down turn in dairy farming it became obvious that we needed to diversify.
As Melbourne’s population increased many vegetable growers moved from the outskirts of the city to the Warragul area.
Whilst still heavily involved with the dairy farming industry we sought out involvements with suppliers of equipment compatible with the vegetable growers. We became Australian importer for the Norwegian company Underhaug (Manufacturer of Potato Machinery) and distributor for ASA Lift, the Danish carrot machine manufacturer.
Our importing/distribution business continued to grow and we found ourselves servicing customers throughout Australia and it became increasingly difficult to adequately service the market ourselves which necessitated a setting up of a specialist dealer network within Australia.
In the middle 80s we were approached by the French company Kuhn SA who had unsuccessfully over the years been involved with several importers. They put a proposition to us that we form a joint venture to warehouse and distribute their range of machinery and distribute parts to Australia in our own right. The positive part of this arrangement was our business grew considerably with the development of a dealer network and a marked increase in sales volume.
The business is owned and operated by Graham Rowe, Stephen Pike and Nick Rowe. Graham Rowe is the son of the founding owner Vin Rowe and Nick Rowe is Graham’s son.
Our philosophy for the future is to provide a range of the latest Agricultural Equipment to the Australian farming community at the best possible prices.
Our emphasis is strongly on Parts and Service provision, for we see this as an integral part of any success we hope to achieve.
We are so centrally located that there are only a few remote parts of Australia we cant guarantee 24 hour service to.
Our company employs some 30 people and has a long term commitment to the Agricultural Industry.
Vin Rowe Farm Machinery – “Servicing Australian Farmers for over 50 Years”